Thursday, June 14, 2007

Interesting links

While browsing the internet today, I found some really important web links you might find interesting.

Here is a sample 4-year plan for someone with an accounting major:

Sample Four Year Plan

Mine will look slightly different, of course, since I will take a light load that first semester, but I hope to make up the gap by taking as many summer and winter sessions as I can find that fit within my major. From what I can tell, there are very few courses offered during those abbreviated sessions, but I'll do what I can.

I'm glad I found this before meeting with an advisor. Gives me a better idea what the whole picture is going to look like.

It looks like a l-o-n-g road, and one that will stretch me in ways I can't even imagine, but I'm up for it!

I also took a look at what it takes to be an Honors student. Turns out some incoming freshmen are automatically designated the Honors status based on their high school grades and other factors. I wasn't (go figure! :-), but I can apply for consideration after I've taken 12 units and IF I have achieved a 3.5 GPA (or above).

Being an Honors student is, of course, a very nice sounding accolade, but the main reason I hope to achieve it is to gain access to a bunch of good stuff including priority registration. If I can register for class earlier than the non-honor students, I'm more likely to get the classes I want when I want them.

Here's a link to the Honors College.

No comments: