Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Last Chapter

"Welcome to the last chapter of the last lesson in your academic math careers!" That's what the prof said when he opened the PowerPoint on Simulating Normal Random Variables yesterday. Worthy of celebration but I think we all were stunned into silence. This prof doesn't exactly engender frivolity... and I'll just leave it at that! Of course those of us in the accounting field will be using the concepts but, theoretically anyway, it won't be a "math class." Yippee!

Business Math II has been a lot harder than I thought. There are so many concepts and so many derivations of them that I can hardly keep track of what we're talking about and when to apply certain concepts. Test 2 is tomorrow, so I guess I need to figure it all out today!

There's still quite a bit to do before finishing the semester. Our online grade sheet shows 11 individual and group grades still awaiting a score. Two more homework assignments, a quiz, a test, a final, a written report, and an oral presentation - all by 3pm next Wednesday!

In my Native America class I still have a 5-7 page paper to write (my topic is Indian Legends & Lore) and a final next Wednesday. Very interesting class and a wonderful and personable prof. It's been difficult to juggle two classes in this condensed Summer Session, but I'm not sorry I did it this way. I really needed to get both classes out of the way before Fall.

Looking back, I can hardly believe that this time last year I had not even started my FIRST math class!! I've covered basically four semesters of math in less than a year's time! I still have a Statistics course looming in Spring 2009, but it's not officially a math class... I hope!

After next Wednesday I get a whole week and a half off before diving into Fall semester. Assuming, of course, I survive this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful, if you can make it 6 more days. I remember hearing from multiple sources that Statistics is awful, but you don't have to worry for awhile!

Anonymous said...

It's so neat to see what you are accomplishing!
BJD