Wednesday, July 4, 2007

New Technology


RefWorks

Q. What is RefWorks?
A. RefWorks is web-based bibliographic software package that enables you to:
- Organize your research
- Include citations while you write your paper
- Build a bibliography in a variety of formats
- Import references from many data sources
- Create bibliographies in different document formats (Word, RTF, HTML, etc.)

While doing research, apparently I collect the reference data on each book into this online database that is free for students from the UA Main Library. Then, as long as I'm writing a paper in something like Microsoft Word and am connected to the internet at the same time, I can just "drop" my references by number right onto my paper without typing them all again! It will also create my bibliography from the works I've cited.

This technology age is amazing!

No comments: