Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Good, the Bad, and the Rumors

The Good stuff first: I got an A on my accounting exam! Woohoo!

The Bad is that I didn't get as good a score as I hoped. Yeah, it's still an A, but I need to find out what stuff I messed up on. I'll wait until the first rush is over then visit my prof in office hours. There are other things I want to chat with her about anyway.

The Rumors were, of course, mostly untrue (you knew that, right?). Turns out the early morning class (right before mine) struggled with the test and only three of THEM got an A (out of approximately 240 students).

My class and two other classes did okay and had the expected array of As, Bs, and Cs. We even had two perfect scores (alas, not mine!).

Only the late afternoon class had really disparate exam scores; lots of Bs and Ds, I guess, not so many Cs. Indicates a lot of folks just didn't "get it" and the ones who did were fine. They're still looking at curving it a bit, but that won't really affect me.

The prof says most people do better on the second test coming up at the end of the month, so I'm getting better organized to study hard to make sure I'm one of them who does. It's on inventory and bank reconciliations.

No comments: