Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Big Finish

Well, we're counting down the days now! Just four more English classes (including today), five more in Modern Latin America, and eight more in Math, three of which will be review. Final exams only in MLA and Math. English has a final paper due, and a 3-page reflective essay, but no final exam. I'll grade a final project in my MIS Preceptor role, and proctor their final exam, and my semester is DONE!

I won't know what to do with all my spare time! A week break and I start my summer Business Math class on the 27th. It meets 2 hours in the morning just four days a week so I'll have plenty of time for homework plus a 3-day weekend. (Followup: the Pima advisor was very helpful and allowed me to enroll in the summer course just by showing I was currently enrolled in Math 109). It wraps up a week prior to the Staley Family Reunion in early July, and then I'll pick up Summer Session 2 right away when I get back.

I'm registered in Summer 2 for Econ 200 and a general elective course but I'm thinking I may change that. Since I'll already be on a roll with Business Math (A) early in the summer, why not take Business Math (B) in Summer Session 2 and be virtually DONE with Math this summer?!! Business Statistics, which is my final "math" class, I can fit in either Fall 2008 or Spring 2009. I love this new plan!

I got to thinking of my previous rant (in February) about the disjointedness of taking disparate-themed classes all together and realized that I'd be much better at Math if I focused only on it. That puts me a little behind in my general electives, but I can fit those in later on and don't really need to complete all of them for Professional Admission to Eller next spring anyway. But I DO need to complete Math. Hmmm... two semesters of torture, or one summer of hard work? It's a no-brainer!

No comments: