Sunday, October 21, 2007

No more "moseying!"

I've had a wonderful couple of weeks with just my two classes and a little homework to keep me on track. But this coming week I need to get down to business! I picked my retirement date intentionally knowing I was giving myself a two-week break before Math class, and boy it has been great! I admit I've been "moseying" a bit more than I probably should have, but sure needed the change of pace.

Someone warned me that after retirement I'd wonder how on earth I ever had time to work. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon! Tomorrow I have my first 3-hour math class (Mon/Wed) and I already know it's going to double (maybe triple?) the time I currently spend on homework. Pretty sure I can still get the extra stuff done around the house that I've enjoyed, I just need to get better organized and pick up the speed a bit.

I've been piecing together my schedule for the Spring 2008 semester and it looks even busier. I'll be in the second-to-last group to register (it stinks being a Freshman!) so who knows if the classes I want will even be available when I'm allowed on WebReg. I've got Plans B, C, and D at the ready, but even those might not work out. I'm aiming for the early morning classes knowing that these kiddies usually aren't early risers. However, I can't even register for Math until I have a final passing grade in the remedial class I've only just started. Yikes.

But it will all work out somehow. And I hope to be in the Honors College by the time I register for Fall 2008 and can register with the Juniors (yippee!). It's enough reason to want to keep my grades up.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Wow, sounds busy! I don't envy you the math class, but you've been gearing up your brain for it, and I haven't. Just don't stress about things (I don't think you will). You have plenty of time. 50 isn't that old!